Quality General Dentistry at Cinco Dental Care
- Dental Bridge: A dental bridge is a restorative dental treatment used to replace one or more missing teeth. It consists of prosthetic teeth (pontics) supported by adjacent natural teeth or dental implants. The bridge spans the gap created by missing teeth, restoring both the aesthetic appearance and functionality of the smile.
- Dental Cleanings: These are routine preventive procedures performed by dental hygienists at our Cinco Ranch dentistry. During a cleaning, plaque and tartar are removed from the teeth and along the gumline. This helps prevent cavities, gum disease, and bad breath. Regular dental cleanings are an essential part of maintaining optimal oral health.
- Dental Crowns: Dental crowns, also known as caps, are tooth-shaped prosthetics that cover damaged or weakened teeth. Crowns restore the tooth’s shape, size, strength, and appearance. They are commonly used to protect and support teeth with large fillings, severe decay, or after root canal therapy.
- Dental Sealants: Dental sealants are thin, protective coatings applied to the chewing surfaces of molars and premolars. These sealants create a barrier that helps prevent tooth decay by shielding vulnerable pits and fissures from bacteria and food particles. Sealants are particularly beneficial for children and teens.
- Digital Impressions: Digital impressions involve the use of advanced technology to create a precise, computerized model of the teeth and oral structures. This method eliminates the need for traditional, messy impression materials. Digital impressions are often employed in various dental procedures, including crown placements, Invisalign, and restorative work.
- Enamel Shaping: Enamel shaping, also known as contouring, is a cosmetic dental procedure that involves removing or contouring dental enamel to improve the appearance of the teeth. It may be used to correct minor imperfections such as uneven tooth lengths, small chips, or irregular shapes, resulting in a more harmonious smile.
- Fillings: Dental fillings are used to repair teeth that have been affected by decay, cavities, or minor fractures. The damaged portion of the tooth is removed, and the resulting space is filled with a restorative material, such as composite resin, amalgam, or other suitable materials, to restore the tooth’s structure.
- Fluoride Treatments: Fluoride treatments involve the application of fluoride to the teeth to strengthen enamel and prevent tooth decay. This preventive measure is often recommended, especially for children, to promote healthy tooth development and reduce the risk of cavities.
- Lingual Frenectomy: A lingual frenectomy is a surgical procedure that involves the removal or modification of the lingual frenulum, the band of tissue beneath the tongue. This procedure may be performed to address issues such as restricted tongue movement (ankyloglossia) or speech difficulties.
- Mercury Safe and Mercury Free: Dental practices that emphasize being mercury-safe or mercury-free prioritize the use of alternative materials to traditional silver amalgam fillings, which contain mercury. These practices prioritize patient safety and environmental responsibility in their approach to restorative dentistry.
- Occlusal Disease Treatment: Occlusal disease, also known as bite disorder, refers to problems with the alignment of the teeth and jaws. Treatment may involve bite adjustments, orthodontics, or other interventions to restore proper alignment and prevent issues such as jaw pain, headaches, and tooth wear.
- Sleep Apnea: Sleep apnea is a sleep disorder characterized by interrupted breathing during sleep. Dentists may provide oral appliances as part of sleep apnea treatment. These devices help maintain an open airway and improve breathing, reducing symptoms like snoring and daytime fatigue.
- Snoring: Dental interventions, such as oral appliances, can be effective in addressing snoring caused by airway obstruction during sleep. These appliances help reposition the jaw and tongue to minimize airway blockage, promoting quieter and more restful sleep.
Tooth-Colored Fillings: Tooth-colored fillings, often made of composite resin or porcelain, match the natural color of teeth. These aesthetically pleasing fillings are used to restore teeth affected by cavities or minor damage, providing a seamless and natural-looking appearance.